Friday, December 9, 2022

Criticism

Don't hate me
for fulfilling your expectations of my failure.
I am obedient, eager to please.
My self-hatred basks in your revulsion.
I burrow for your disapproval
like an infant roots for the mammary.
Negative energy stokes my engine of laziness and inhibition.
Shrouded in procrastination and paralysis,
I hide under your laden table,
picking crumbs of judgment and derision from the carpet.
Do not step on my fingers;
I use them to spin yarns and knit tales
of despicable adoration and nihilistic ritual.

Sting me again;
there is one spot on my shoulder
not yet swollen by your venom.

 

(c)2008 Lucie Raposo - All rights reserved (republished 2022) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments, opinions, critiques, and rants are welcome, but play nice. Inappropriately vulgar language or personal attacks against others will be deleted. Who decides what's inappropriate? Your sweet blog hostess, that's who.