Sunday, December 18, 2022

Blue Clouds


Against a milky white sky
I paint blue clouds
rioting crowds
drifting, shifting
bursting to cry.

Clouds are supposed to be white, you say
or gray.
I grunt.
This is my canvas to play
my palette to bend.
Your brush is dry
your canvas is blank
you sank
into the mire of tradition
creative perdition
while I fly,
a speck of light undetected
seeking love uninfected.

There are blue clouds
in my white sky.
Don't ask why
or try
to dodge the looming storm.
I can't conform
to suit your need;
I just bleed
blue ink on a white page.

 

(c) 2008 Lucie Raposo - All rights reserved (republished 2022)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments, opinions, critiques, and rants are welcome, but play nice. Inappropriately vulgar language or personal attacks against others will be deleted. Who decides what's inappropriate? Your sweet blog hostess, that's who.