Friday, May 22, 2009

Just Who (or What) is ELEMARE?

The name ELEMARE is a phonetic spelling of my monogram – L.M.R. So, now you have the correct pronunciation, too!

I’m a mother of four wonderful young adults – three boys and a girl – and was lucky enough to be a full-time at-home mom for 10 years. In that time, I also served terms as the president of the Quality Hill Neighborhood Association, the Preservation Society of Pawtucket, the St. Leo the Great Home & School Association, and served as a member of the Pawtucket Historic District Commission and the Pawtucket Zoning Board. I currently work in public relations and publicity – and often feel like I live under a rock now, compared the close, active connection I once had with my community.

Although I work at a TV station, television is not something I enjoy much; by choice, I don’t subscribe to cable – unfathomable to some, but true nonetheless! Unless it's PBS (which is free over the air and doesn't require paying cable's outrageous subscription prices), TV is mostly weak content to fill the space between commercials. There are a couple of exceptions, but not enough for the kind of destination viewing I used to do in the early days of Hill Street Blues and when that quirky Twin Peaks aired.

A Scorpio, I’m fascinated with astrology, mystery, and spirituality. Is it any surprise I'm a fan of Coast to Coast?

I’m passionate (at least opinionated) about everything – it’s love or hate with me. They really aren’t opposites, you know – they are both intense feelings. The true opposite of love is apathy. You won’t find much apathy here. : )

I love to write – I love the power of words – but often, free expression is stifled by the traditional constraints of all the business writing I do. Add a harsh internal editor, and it’s a recipe of dry ingredients – flour and salt.

Still, when you push a balloon down on one side, the other side pops up in defiance. So, this blog is that defiant pop up. Poetry or prose, rant or rave, I might inspire you; I might offend you. But I will be honest with you. I can’t cook any other way.

Here, I add the butter. You're invited to add seasoning. Let’s stir things up together. : )

Add butta Stir it up Yummy good

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments, opinions, critiques, and rants are welcome, but play nice. Inappropriately vulgar language or personal attacks against others will be deleted. Who decides what's inappropriate? Your sweet blog hostess, that's who.