Saturday, June 13, 2009

Living on a "Fixed Income"

I don't know about you, but I'm pretty tired of hearing poverty advocates talk about people living on a "fixed income" - as if they are somehow different from everyone else.

How many people do you know with a FLEXIBLE INCOME? When gasoline shot through the roof and National Grid and New England Gas got their rate increases, my boss didn't raise my salary to make up the difference. Did yours?

I live on a fixed income, too! I work for a salary - no over-time, no bonuses, not even a raise or COLA because we're always on such a tight budget. My employer is bombarded by increased costs in every area, including health insurance premiums, some of which rightly had to be passed to me. Consequently, I technically make less now than I did 5 years ago. I'm not complaining, just stating facts. If you work for salary like I do, WE ALL LIVE ON FIXED INCOMES!

Another social services lie, brought to you by the moochers and looters who want to make what's yours theirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments, opinions, critiques, and rants are welcome, but play nice. Inappropriately vulgar language or personal attacks against others will be deleted. Who decides what's inappropriate? Your sweet blog hostess, that's who.