Sunday, February 14, 2010

American Foursquare Remodel 10 - Kitchen Wallpaper

OK, the kitchen is 99% done... unless I act on my harebrained fantasy of refacing the cabinets. There's just baseboard trim left.

Here is the "before" look - plain off-white walls and some wood trim, natural wood, white counter and backsplash tile. (Again, these "before" pictures were taken with my cell phone camera back in October 2009; pardon the poor resolution.)




Here is my new "Tuscan inspired" wallpaper and area rug. I went with grape clusters. Hope that's not too "Kitchen Kleeshay."
 
  
  
  
 


I love the quality of the paper - it was a dream to work with. Of course, the wallpaper book is discontinued and it was tricky to get the paper - juuuuust enough with only scraps left over! In fact, the original order was canceled by one supplier, and I did a little arm-twisting of another distributor to send me what he had and I'd make do with it.

Interestingly, that same scenario played out for the bathroom and den wallpapers, too. But I managed to get the right amounts to do the jobs each time. Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments, opinions, critiques, and rants are welcome, but play nice. Inappropriately vulgar language or personal attacks against others will be deleted. Who decides what's inappropriate? Your sweet blog hostess, that's who.